2019 Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference
World Fuel Services exhibited and co- hosted 80 FBO partner exhibits January 29-31, 2019, at the Marriot San Antonio Riverwalk for the 2019 Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference. It was a fun and educational three days packed with attendee collaboration and feedback. For those who weren’t able to join us this year, we hope to see you at next year’s conference.
The World Fuel Services’ TotalFBO booth at Schedulers & Dispatchers 2019 saw a big increase in traffic over last year. Both new customers and experienced customers stopped by to discuss recent changes as well as to discuss long-term goals. Recent changes that drove many of the discussions included the budgeting for fuel gallons, and the enhanced aircraft records with additional data points. Many customers updating to version 7.10 commented on how much more efficient their operation is, and how former pain points have been addressed.
In support of World Fuel Services strategic initiatives, we successfully rolled out online processing of World Fuel Rewards (formerly FlyBuys). We’ve also started field testing automatic online processing of World Fuel contract fuel releases.
Recent email enhancements have users excited about the ability to have a custom signature on emails along with using a company logo.
The 2019 plan is to continue to focus keenly on delivering quality code and enhanced performance for our users.
TotalFBO Accounting Tip:
If you have uncommitted transactions, please commit them as soon as possible to ensure your accounting and inventory entries are correct.
To check to see if you have any, go to Accounting>Invoicing>Reports & Listings. On Tab 2, run the ‘Uncommitted Transactions’ report. If any items show up, locate the invoice or shop order through the Invoice or Shop Order Browse screen to change it. Once the invoice or shop order is changed, select OK. This action will commit the invoice and update any tables. If you can’t find a specific uncommitted transaction, please call tech support.
As a courtesy reminder, every Monday night, TFBO Web will undergo maintenance from 11:00 p.m. (CST) Monday night until 5:00 a.m. (CST) Tuesday morning. By design, users will not be able to log into the system during scheduled maintenance windows. If you are still unable to log in after 5 a.m. Central time, please call our support line at 844-286-5992, option 2, so we can make sure your service is restored.
AvPOS/Total Aviation Software
The AvPOS/TAS presence at the 2019 Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference saw a significant increase over previous years. The turnout of customers and users far exceeded previous conferences, and the morale was high. Customers repeatedly commented on the overall success and direction the software has taken since last year’s conference.
The AvPOS/Total Aviation Software team ended 2018 on a high note and has started 2019 with that same passion. In 2019, customers will see some important changes for AvPOS/Total Aviation software which should bring a significant increase in value to our ever-growing customer base.
We continue to see the adoption of the new World Fuel Rewards points functionality. Users can now check the balance and issue points for World Fuel Services Rewards (previously known as FlyBuys) members. Additionally, the World Fuel Services contract fuel release integration has proven to be a big hit with our customers.
The AvPOS/TAS & Phillips 66 partnership exceeded expectations in 2018, and that trend is continuing throughout the first quarter of 2019. We have surpassed 125 new locations moving onto the AvPOS platform and expect that number to grow to several hundred new locations in 2019.
Throughout the first half of the year, the AvPOS/TAS platform will be migrated to a state-of-the-art Amazon Web Service (AWS) hosting environment. Many of you may have seen an AWS commercial on TV recently. Though users will notice no changes, moving to this latest technology environment will provide an exceptional platform for AvPOS/Total Aviation Software and will position our ability to grow with future technology offerings.
As a team, we look forward to the opportunity and challenges 2019 presents. Our continued partnership with our customers and bringing them success and growth will always be our biggest goals.
Project Catapult (World Fuel’s Next Evolution of FBO Software)
Project Catapult team members hit the ground running in 2019. We began the year by tackling the less glamorous, but extremely crucial aspects of user-facing setup screens. Five FBO employees completed approximately six hours of usability testing on these modules and were able to provide us with great feedback.
During these sessions, users were asked to navigate through the application to set up a new fuel tank, create an inventory item, and generate a fee as part of a billable group. Afterward, we were able to take their input to make a general design, and with task flow tweaks so our development team can bring these features to life.
While the developers work their magic, our user experience group is finalizing the invoice creation screens where we have identified the key features that our customers have asked for in this critical element. We will be closing out work on task management and vendor set up modules.
As with every aspect of this user-driven application, we look forward to the feedback we will receive from the voices of our FBO partners on these areas of the program.
The 2019 Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference brought about a lot of great discussions with our valued FBO partners. It is so motivating for our team when we interact with customers that are as excited about this project as we are.
Project Catapult is still actively looking for customers that are interested in participating in usability sessions, as well as onboarding to the initial release of the program once complete. Please contact Jamie Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a part of this exciting journey and thank you so much for your continued support.
Software Support Spotlight
Hello from the FBO Software Support team! As part of our ongoing commitment to continuous improvement we’d like to share what’s new and provide you with a few best practices.
- Tech Huddle – The software support technicians now huddle every morning from 8:00 – 8:20 am CST, to share vital information related to your ongoing support needs. Although our technicians are unavailable to take calls during this brief time, the daily knowledge-share greatly helps us assist you more intelligently and consistently. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have an urgent issue that cannot wait until 8:20, then please call 1 844-286-5992 and press 0. Your call will go to an on-call technician.
- New Phone System – We have implemented a new and improved phone system. As a result, part of your support call may involve us getting a little more information from you so we can update your account record with a phone number, e-mail address, or other contacts with your organization. This will enable us to better serve you, as the new system will find your account and present it to us when we take your future calls. We appreciate your patience during this process.
- As part of the new phone system, please make sure that you are calling our toll-free number (+1 844-286-5992) and choosing the correct option, rather than calling a support technician directly. This will make it easier for us to help resolve your issue or answer your questions more quickly.
- In addition to not calling support technicians directly, we also ask that you not e-mail any support technician directly. Please send all support requests to email@example.com. This will help us track your support requests better and provide you better customer support.
- If you are contacting the support team regarding an accounting balance issue, please be prepared to provide us with the last time the account was in balance. Also, please be sure to refer to the help screens on reconciliation. The help screens do provide useful tips and can help determine on which day the accounting went out of balance. It is advised to reconcile everyday as issues are more easily identifiable if you encounter them on that day.
- When contacting the support team, please try to document, video or screenshot your issue if possible, as well as steps you took when encountering the issue. This greatly assists our team in troubleshooting or replicating the issue.
Aviation Software Customer Support
Telephone: +1 844 286-5992